As I finish up the latest revision of my manuscriptâ€”release date 2/22/22â€“here are some quick updates.
- I believe that the push for a Clean Energy Standard under a so-called infrastructure package is the most dangerous energy proposal of my lifetime that actually has a chance of getting passed.Â I just wrote an extensive Twitter post on the subject, which you canÂ viewÂ here.
- I had a fun debate/interview last week on The Donlon Report with climate journalist Nancy Rosenberg.Â Hereâ€™s a clip of the most action-packed part, or you can watch the whole thingÂ here.
- Iâ€™ll be in Houston next week, delivering two speechesâ€”one at a company, one at the Houston Petroleum Club. It also looks like I’ll be making a guest appearance at theÂ Unconventional Resources Technology ConferenceÂ on Monday at 3 pm CT, joining one of my favorite energy champion CEOs, Adam Anderson of Innovex at their booth. More as this develops on myÂ LinkedIn.
- Power Hour guest Michael Shellenberger has been writing some great pieces lately. Here are two of my favorites.
The Reason Weâ€™re So Shocked By Deadly Floods Is Because Weâ€™re So Good At Preventing Them
The Reason They Fear Fire As A Violation Of Nature Is Because Theyâ€™re So Alienated From It
- I wrote a short Twitter thread recently on the difference between wanting to *solve* problems and wanting to *use* problems. Check it outÂ here.
- Overheard: “The World Economic Forum in Davos is where billionaires tell millionaires how poor people should live.”
- Earlier this weekÂ I explainedÂ how The NY Times columnist Ezra Klein can be atÂ once very smart and also completely irrational on fossil fuels.
To Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Energy,