In this issue:
- The real lesson of the Colonial Pipeline hacking
- Challenging Elon Musk on Bitcoin mining
- Upcoming Accelerator Call
- Quick updates
The real lesson of the Colonial Pipeline hacking
The Biden administration is using the recent hacking of the Colonial Pipeline to portray oil as an insecure fuel that needs to be replaced by electricity. In reality, Biden’s scheme of mandatory EVs on a wind-and-solar-dependent grid would be catastrophically insecure.
I explained why on my latest Twitter thread.
Challenging Elon Musk on Bitcoin mining
This week Elon Musk made headlines by announcing that Tesla would stop accepting Bitcoin as payment until it is produced by “more sustainable energy.”
I weighed in with several comments that have so far gotten above 500,000 views, including:
Upcoming Accelerator Call
This Sunday, May 16th, at 6 pm ET, 3 pm PT, I’ll be hosting my next Accelerator Zoom call.
In addition to answering any and all questions I’ll be discussing:
- The latest on Fossil Future.
- The growth of my Energy Talking Points group of elected officials.
- The emergence of new energy champions from a wide variety of fields–and how to create far more.
If you’re already an Accelerator, you should have already gotten an invitation. If you’re not, you can become one here.
- Since I was sick for a week, this week’s Power Hour is a best-of episode I referred to several weeks ago. “10 years ago, I recorded what is still my favorite Earth Day Power Hour with philosopher Onkar Ghate, a long-time mentor of mine. Before we recorded the episode, Onkar suggested to me that we take a positive approach, explaining how much better human beings have made the Earth. That suggestion, and much of what we discussed in that episode, has affected my thinking ever since.”
You can watch on YouTube or listen on Apple Podcasts.
- The new Fossil Future Amazon page should be up next week…finally.
- I just hit 50K Twitter followers this week, with new additions being dominated by people interested in Bitcoin/cryptocurrency. I’m meeting a lot of smart people through this world, and intend to write some talking points about energy and crypto very soon.
To Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Energy,