Resources from Alex Epstein
My presentations have two goals:
- Increase your clarity on energy issues
- Increase your positive influence on energy issues
These resource will help you take both to new heights.
As I mentioned at the event, I’m also offering you several bonuses to help you have more constructive conversations about energy.
(1) This video will teach you one of the most powerful persuasion tactics I know: opinion stories.
(2) This video series, from my $100 course “How to Have Constructive Conversations about Energy,” will teach you my step-by-step formula for having more constructive conversations.
- Introduction to the constructive conversation formula
- Step 1 – Create openness and friendliness
- Step 2 – Clarify and isolate the issue
- Step 3 – Propose the ground rules of the conversation
- Step 4 – Summarize your full-context opinion
- Step 5 – Recommend a great resource
- Basic principles for applying the constructive conversation formula
Increase your energy clarity
Framework: How to think about our energy choices using a pro-human framework
Facts: The full context of facts that should inform our energy choices
- 2 page summary of The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels
- Alex Epstein on The Rubin Report
- Power Hour with Alex Epstein
Positions: The pro-human choice on vital energy issues
Increase your energy influence
Framework: Why and how to reframe all energy communication in pro-human terms (“Arguing to 100”)
- Pro-human, whole-picture reframing
- Alex Epstein on Arguing to 0 vs. arguing to 100
- How Republicans Can Make Energy a Winning Issue in 2016
Strategy: How to get clarity on your persuasive objectives and the highest leverage drivers to achieve them
Messaging: Persuasive, pro-human content that is at the heart of positive influence
Conversation: How to positive influence others in one-on-one conversation
Internal Communication: How to positively influence your peers and colleagues
Shareable resources: Usually the best way to positively influence others is to give them a preexisting resource that is pro-human and persuasive.