Resources from Alex Epstein
Event: TOS-Con, 8/19/18
Below are some of the best resources I’ve created for improving your persuasiveness.
- Energy Influencer – our weekly newsletter teaches universal principles of persuasive communication, with a focus on energy-related issues.
- Intellectual Persuasion – in this speech I share the biggest lesson I’ve learned about how to persuade people of controversial – but true – ideas.
- Writing Made Easier – this is a short guide I created to share with you some ideas about writing that will make the process considerably easier, considerably more enjoyable, and considerably more effective.
- CIP Messaging Guide – this messaging guide, created for energy companies, identifies some of the core principles I teach for persuasive communication.
- The Clarity Tool: How to Think about, Clarify, and Solve Your Biggest Problems – In this speech I introduce the audience to a tool I developed to dramatically increase people’s ability to communicate clearly and effectively, the Clarity Tool.
- The Ultimate Outline Tool – A step-by-step guide that will dramatically increase your chances of overcoming the fundamental challenge of writing: to create real context change in a reader’s mind.
- How You, Individually, Can Change the World – The Power of the Moral Narrative – What is the highest-leverage thing that you as an individual can do to advance liberty and industrial progress in America? I this speech and Q&A, which I gave to Berkeley Students for Liberty in February, I gave my answer to that question based on a powerful idea I call “reframing the moral narrative.”
- Fossil Fuels: Arguing to 0 vs. Arguing to 100 – In this speech I discuss an important concept for understanding how to gain the moral high ground in a debate.
- How Republicans Can Make Energy a Winning Issue in 2016 – In this article I explain some of the key concepts of persuasion, including “arguing to 100” and framing, and how they can be used to change the political debate over energy.
- Human Flourishing and Energy Progress – In this speech I introduce the concept of framing to explain the problem our global energy conversation–and the solution.
- Heartland Keynote: Making the Moral Case for Fossil Fuels – In this recent speech I discuss framing and how it is the key to making the moral case for fossil fuels.
- Power Hour: Richard Levick on Energy Communications – In this episode of my podcast Power Hour, I was joined by Richard Levick, chairman and CEO of LEVICK, a leading public relations firm. We discussed how ineffective communications strategies have impacted the energy industry in public affairs, and what needs to be done to make a positive change.