In this episode Alex and Steffen cover these news stories:
- The Canadian Energy East pipeline is in the crosshairs of environmentalists.
- EPA head Gina McCarthy puts out a scare story about how climate change will give children asthma.
- A recent study in New York State to establish baseline water quality confirmed once more that methane contamination is mostly natural and unrelated to gas drilling.
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) is giving out more leases for offshore oil & gas production in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Government Accountability Office says more needs to be done on “ocean acidification.” (See this great article for additional information on the ocean pH levels.)
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission says that Yucca Mountain nuclear waste facility meets its safety standards for a million years.
Stay updated. Join the discussion. Tell us what you think on our Facebook page, or via @GoIndustrial on Twitter.