In this issue:
- Pennsylvania’s Energy Crossroads
- Power Hour: CA flirts with gas-powered car ban, TX stands up to pipeline sabotage, the EU elections
Pennsylvania’s Energy Crossroads
This morning I gave the latest version of my Moral Case for Fossil Fuels speech in Pittsburgh to a combination of industry employees and local leaders. After my speech, I had an interesting discussion with one of the elected officials about the need to reframe the energy conversation in Pennsylvania. The idea of “Restore Pennsylvania” is currently en vogue. I think there is an opportunity to challenge this regressive notion and replace it with Pennsylvania Progress. I shared some thoughts about energy progress in Pennsylvania in this video, which was taken near an amazing new natural gas project near Pittsburgh.
Power Hour: CA flirts with gas-powered car ban, TX stands up to pipeline sabotage, the EU elections
I wasn’t able to record Power Hour this week, but my colleagues Don and Steffen were able to step in and cover seven topics:
- The green movement’s “intelligent transformation” denialism
- Putting an end to the Chevron extortion racket…for now
- Texas stands up to pipeline sabotage
- BP aligns with Paris climate goals?
- California flirts with banning gas-powered cars
- The myth of a green wave in the EU elections
- Alberta might repeal carbon tax–and get a new one
Listen to the episode: