Shale energy technology–aka “fracking”–might be the greatest technology since the Internet. Unfortunately, like many new technologies throughout history, it is the victim of attacks, lies, and misrepresentations by technophobes. Today, the leading anti-fracking technophobe is Josh Fox, director of Gasland and the new Gasland 2, premiering July 8 on HBO.
At the Center for Industrial Progress, we believe that while it is important to expose the falsehood of Gasland (done here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here) it is even more important to get excited about the amazing potential that fracking technology offers us. That’s why we’re taking the unfortunate occasion of Gasland 2 as an opportunity to generate awareness and excitement about the next energy revolution.
For media interviews with CIP experts on Fracking Awareness Week, call 949-478-3670 or email email@example.com
CIP President Alex Epstein on Fracking Technology
More Fracking Resources from CIP
- DishonestLand: Hollywood’s “Promised Land” Slanders the Fracking Revolution
- Debate: CIP vs. Sierra Club at Stanford University
- Power Hour: Frac’ing 101 with Mukul Sharma
- Power Hour: Mark Mills on the Future of Energy
- How Fracking Improves Our Environment
- Why Every American Needs to Watch FrackNation