CIP Empowerment Tools
We want to make every energy company a “thought-leading company”–one that wins the hearts and minds of its vital internal and external stakeholders. To do this we offer not a grab-bag of products and services but an integrated set of capability-building tools for four distinct stages of your development.
The Four Stages of Empowerment
Stage 1: Learn the value of what your industry does.
- Host Alex Epstein to speak on “The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels.”
- Distribute the book The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels along with a note from the CEO.
Stage 2: Learn how to win hearts and minds.
- Host Alex Epstein to speak on “How to Win Hearts and Minds.”
- Distribute the course “How to Talk to Anyone About Energy.”
- Host a “How to Talk to Anyone About Energy” workshop.
Stage 3: Upgrade your strategy and messaging.
- Hold a Stakeholder Strategy Session and utilize the accompanying custom Stakeholder Strategy Report.
- Work with CIP to create new Master Messaging.
Stage 4: Refine and reinforce.
- Ongoing consulting.
- Encourage employees to subscribe to CIP’s free resources, especially our weekly email list.
To get started, email us: email@example.com. For more information, read through our extended descriptions below.
Book: The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels
This award-winning book gives employees and leadership a big-picture, pro-human framework for thinking about their industry as well as hundreds of crucial facts about energy and environmental issues.
Speech: The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels
This speech introduces employees to something that most of them have never heard: the idea that what they do is moral. Combined with the book The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels this speech will create months of excitement and learning among a company’s employees.
Course: How to Talk to Anyone About Energy
This two-hour online course teaches employees and leadership how to turn any discussion about energy and environmental issues into a constructive conversation. The course features supplemental materials and unlimited access.
Speech: How to Win Hearts and Minds
This speech, designed for senior management, discusses why companies have so much difficulty winning the hearts and minds of their stakeholders, including employees—and how reframing the conversation is the fundamental solution.
Workshop: How to Talk to Anyone About Energy
This workshop builds on the revolutionary strategies of the “How to Talk to Anyone About Energy Course” and gives teams custom guidance on dealing with their most important audiences and challenges. Limit: 20 participants.
Stakeholder Strategy Session
This day-long session is for organizations that are undertaking a new, significant communication project and want to maximize their chances of success. Using a framework called “The 10 Ms” Alex Epstein takes project leaders through the following 10 questions.
- Mission: What exactly are we trying to accomplish?
- Metrics: How will we measure success?
- Monkey wrenches: What obstacles will we have to overcome?
- Markets: What markets or audiences are we trying to persuade?
- Messages: What messages will persuade them?
- Methods: What methods of explanation will persuade them?
- Messengers: Which messengers will be most persuasive to them?
- Materials: What form-factors will be most effective?
- Media: What media will the messengers deliver the message through?
- Money: What is your budget, and why?
After the session we combine your answers with our own research and tested strategies in a fully-customized strategy report.
Teams that work with us on messaging and strategy often want ongoing guidance and feedback, including custom messaging for new situations.
This custom messaging is designed to win the hearts and minds of the audiences you care about most. We only do Master Message Creation after a Stakeholder Strategy Session because without strategic clarity it is impossible to know the right audiences, the right messengers, and the right messages.
To get started, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or fill out our contact form. Either way, we’ll be in touch within 24 business hours.