In this issue:
- China’s Power Play
- New talking points on China
- Quick notes
China’s Power Play
Lately I’ve been writing a lot about the national security threats posed by the anti-fossil movement—particularly how it plays into the hands of the Chinese Communist Party’s dangerous ambitions. (See my Energy Security talking points at EnergyTalkingPoints.com.)
I saw an excellent video recently on this subject, The Red-Green Menace by John Robson of the excellent Climate Discussion Nexus.
So I brought him on this week to discuss China’s “power play.”
Here’s the official description:
On this week’s Power Hour, Alex Epstein interviews John Robson of Climate Discussion Nexus, about how the green energy movement is weakening free countries like the United States and increasing Communist China’s odds of achieving its goal of being the world superpower by 2049.
- John’s excellent video The Red-Green Menace
- China’s openly stated goal of world superpower status
- China’s continuing embrace of fossil fuels
- How US “green energy” is inferior energy produced largely by Communist China using fossil fuels
- How the corporate world plays into China’s hands
- How US companies should stand up to climate catastrophism
- The virtues of speaking the unpopular truth
- How John debunked the 97% consensus myth
You can watch on YouTube or listen on Apple Podcasts.
New talking points on China
I’ve been sharing some talking points on Twitter lately about China.
I have two main goals with these points.
One, illustrate that the world is not going through a “transition” to 100% renewable.
Two, generate awareness of the terrible security consequences of the current administration’s energy policies.
- Next week, the week of Earth Day, I have a couple of exciting events lined up. One, on Earth Day, is my first ever live event teaming up with Patrick Moore, cofounder of Greenpeace. Another, on the day after Earth Day, is a climate panel hosted by Dave Rubin, host of The Rubin Report. My original interview on Dave’s show has 600,000 YouTube views, and has led several people to recognize me on the street over the years.
- A contact of mine on LinkedIn, Angelia Parish, wrote this upon announcing her new job: “For every #OilandGasIndustry connection – these are the toughest times but our skills are transferable and we can pivot if need be. I am proof! Alex Epstein and the Center for Industrial Progress, thank you for helping us know our rightful place in the world.”
- I particularly enjoy this note I got recently from an 82-year-old Accelerator:
YOU motivated me from the beginning. I contributed $50 to your first debate, long ago. Your personality, your earnest dedication to promoting human flourishing and how to sustain it, your book, some of the speeches you’ve given, all the work you do to promote the benefit of fossil fuels and nuclear energy. Most of all, you DO something. All your talking points, your interactions with politicians who will listen, your untiring energy, actions, in supporting your values. I simply respect you. At 82, I respect your energy, your commitment to do what you do. And, most importantly: YOUR POSITIVE PERSONALITY, POSITIVE OUTLOOK, POSITIVE APPROACH TO CONFLICT!!!
Thanks for reading this week’s newsletter. I’m in the last round of significant editing for Fossil Future. It should be available for preorder on Amazon within 3 weeks. The release date will be November 2nd, perfectly timed with the beginning of this year’s massive UN climate conference. Thanks to all the Accelerators who have helped with this project.
To Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Energy,