On this month’s Power Hour, I interview Pierre Desrochers of the University of Toronto. Since later this month many people will be celebrating Earth Day, I wanted to expose listeners to one of the world’s leading researchers on the real, positive relationship between capitalism and our environment.
Dr. Desrochers is a human encyclopedia on all things industrial progress, and this interview is jam-packed with insights and stories, including:
- How capitalists and entrepreneurs pioneered recycling–”making wealth out of waste”–centuries ago.
- When it makes sense to recycle and when it doesn’t.
- His new book “The Locavore’s Dilemma–In Praise of the 10,000 mile Diet”, and why local agriculture is often vastly inferior to global, industrial agriculture.
- What “green” Vermont was like before industrial capitalism made it bloom.
- How air and water quality have improved dramatically over the centuries.
Download and save: Power Hour on Capitalism and Our Environment